Tuesday 21 August, 2007

Passengers flee as aircraft explodes

The 157 passengers and eight crew members had barely finished sliding down the emergency chutes of the smoking China Airlines jet today when it suddenly exploded, and flames engulfed the centre of the craft.

For the scores of holiday-makers and others who had flown on the Boeing 737-800 from the Taiwanese capital, Taipei, to Naha on the Japanese island of Okinawa it was a moment of sheer terror — even if there were no serious injuries.

[Many airlines in India also use the Boeing 737-800 aircraft that was engulfed in flames in Naha today.]

Screams erupted from the tarmac as passengers raced to get away from the burning plane, and emergency personnel moved forward to begin putting out the flames.

A figure thought to be the pilot hung onto the cockpit window for several seconds before dropping to the tarmac and sprinting away from the exploding plane.

A Taiwanese woman said she was stricken with fear the moment she slid down the chute. “I was running and crying,” said the woman, who declined to identify herself. “Running and crying.”

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's happened to the original Lawyer-2-Be? Have you hijacked her blawg?

Josephine Bloggs said...

I'm a bit puzzled too. This has nothing to do with the old blog! And I can't find a link to her new blog either :(

Anonymous said...

The mystery deepens! I have no linx to L2B, her new blog, or to BdJ - have they defected to wordpress, I wonder?

The Vinthusiast said...

LM & JB, afraid not - have defected to blog graveyard - given up - gone home - too distracting. Am slightly miffed at new imposter version of lawyer-2-be (quite frankly, not a patch, if you know what I mean, even if do say so myself)- bet he wouldn't jump in my grave nearly so quickly! The former L2B :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh NOO!!!! What a SHOCK!!! I know you must have your reasons, -anonymity and confidentiality notwithstanding- and I doagree that it is unbeleivably distracting at a time when you need it least, but you are an absolute cornerstone of the legal blawgging community - how will we all get along without you?!

Josephine Bloggs said...

That's a pity that the old lawyer-2-be website didn't stay up and running. I never finished reading the last few posts on the individual aspects of the bvc :(

Mr Pineapples said...

hey this is a real shame - the original blog was an excellent resource for BVC students and now some chump has come along and removed it all. what a loser.

What has happened to the Pupil Blog? I hope this is still going to happen.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Mr P,
I don't think the doppelganger has removed the original L2B's posts - she took them down herself. I don't think she is going to run her new blog on pupillage either, and I agree with you that its a real shame, but Id guess she has a lot to concentrate on in the coming months.

Anonymous said...

Hiya Mr P,
I don't think the doppelganger has removed the original L2B's posts - she took them down herself. I don't think she is going to run her new blog on pupillage either, and I agree with you that its a real shame, but Id guess she has a lot to concentrate on in the coming months.

Mr Pineapples said...

Well - if that's the case - then old Lawyer-2-be just aint as grrovy as I thought she was. I mean - fancy giving up so easy !!

Not the way of the Bar at all.

Anonymous said...

Maybe her chambers rumbled her or something......

The Vinthusiast said...

Now, now Mr P - no talking about me as if I wasn't around any more! P / L2B(formerly) :-)

Anonymous said...

YAWN.....

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

ali said...

best and latest technology news.... visit www.technologyrobo.com